Flavorful chicken in a buttery lemon sauce, perfect for serving over pasta, zoodles, rice or potatoes! Ready in just 30 minutes, this Instant Pot chicken recipe is a weeknight staple.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- juice of two lemons
- 3/4 cup beef broth or beef bone broth
- 3–4 chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode and add butter, onion, garlic, and spices. Allow butter to melt and cook until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add chicken breasts and sear on 4 minutes each side or until outside is golden brown.
- Pour broth and lemon juice over chicken and shut Instant Pot lid. Turn to Pressure cooking mode for chicken. Set to 15 minutes if chicken was frozen, or 8 minutes if chicken was thawed. When finished cooking allow steam to release naturally, this should only take about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to plate. Return Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch with about 1/4 cup water and slowly add to liquid while stirring with a wire whisk. Bring to a boil then turn off heat and allow to thicken.
- Serve over pasta, zoodles, rice, or potatoes as desired.
Each serving is 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points.
Keywords: lemon, chicken, instant pot