Greek Leg of Lamb made in the Instant Pot gives you the best of both worlds-fork tender lamb in half the time of traditional recipes. Flavored with oregano and lemon, this is the perfect recipe for Easter, Sunday dinner, or any occasion!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4–5 lb boneless leg of lamb roast
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4–5 large potatoes, cut into eighths
- Remove leg of lamb from netting if necessary. Add olive oil to the Instant Pot and set to Sauté mode.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and oregano. Sear the lamb on all sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove lamb and turn off sauté mode. Add potatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lamb on top the potatoes and pour the wine/broth and lemon juice over the top. Cover lamb with fresh oregano and garlic.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to high pressure for 90 minutes. Allow to naturally release pressure after cooking, this usually takes about 25 minutes.
Keywords: Greek leg of Lamb, Instant Pot leg of lamb, pressure cook leg of lamb