Homemade chicken noodle soup is easy to make from scratch in a fraction of the time with this easy instant pot recipe. This soup loaded with chicken and noodles is the perfect comfort food for chilly winter evenings!
- whole 3 lb chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces egg noodles (half of a 12 ounce bag)
- kosher salt & black pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add olive oil. Once olive oil is hot add onion, carrots, garlic, thyme, oregano, 2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add chicken, ginger, and broth. Stop saute mode. Shut the Instant Pot lid and valve and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully quick release any remaining pressure. Remove lid and use tongs to remove chicken to a large bowl and discard ginger and herb sprigs.
- Switch the Instant Pot to saute mode and bring to a boil. Add noodles and boil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove bones and skin from chicken then use two forks to shred the meat.
- Add chicken back to soup once noodles are cooked and season to taste with additional salt and pepper before serving.
adapted from Food Network
Keywords: instant pot chicken noodle soup