Get the delicious taste of slow-cooked carnitas in less than an hour with your Instant Pot. Serve as tacos, burritos, nachos or in a bowl, any way you eat them, they are delicious!
- 4 lb pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 small or 1 large orange
- 2 limes
- Cut the pork shoulder into 2 inch pieces and place in the Instant Pot.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the meat.
- Seal Instant Pot lid and press the Manual button. Set the timer for 35 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally, about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat boiler to 500 degrees.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the meat to a baking sheet. Use two forks to shred the meat and spread evenly across baking sheet.
- Place meat under the broiler for about 5-10 minutes or until meat is browned and crisp. Serve as desired.
Serve as tacos, burritos, nachos, or burrito bowls. The broiler step may be omitted if desired for softer, more tender carnitas.
Keywords: instant pot carnitas