Sweet Potato Pie is a sweet and decadent dessert perfect for Thanksgiving or any time of year! This homemade version with fresh sweet potatoes is a tried and true recipe you’ll turn to again and again!
- 4–5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 standard pie shells, unbaked
- Boil sweet potatoes in a large pot for twenty minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl mash sweet potatoes thoroughly. In another large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir until mixed. Pour mixture evenly between two pie crusts.
- Place pies in oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Keywords: sweet potato pie