This Mellow Mushroom inspired pizza has a crust even crust-haters will eat up! The secret ingredient is molasses!
- 1 1/2 cups very warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil + extra for brushing crust
- 2 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 4 tsp active yeast
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tsp active wheat gluten
- 2 tsp salt
- minced garlic
- mozzerella cheese
- cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- garlic butter, melted (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a small bowl combine water, olive oil and molasses.
- In a stand mixer combine flour, gluten, yeast, and salt.
- Add water mixture to stand mixture and mix on low using dough hook for 30-60 second until combined.
- Switch speed to medium for 12 minutes.
- Form dough into ball and place in greased bowl.
- Cover bowl with loose plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Cut dough in two and roll each into a tight ball by folding the edges into the center. Allow dough to rest covered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Form each ball into crust by stretching the dough in two hands while rotating it.
- brush crust with olive oil and add minced garlic.
- Top with chicken, onions, feta, and mozzerella cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes until golden.
- After removing from oven immediately brush crust with melted garlic butter and top with parmesan if desired.
Keywords: Mediterranean pizza, mellow mushroom pizza, mellow mushroom pizza crust