Looking for an adorable Halloween truffle recipe? These adorable mummy truffles are easy to make, delicious, and sure to be the hit of your Halloween parties!
- 25 double stuffed Oreos
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz white chocolate or candy coating
- Candy eye balls
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs using a food processor or by placing them in a plastic storage bag and rolling them with a rolling pin. Move them into a large bowl.
- Blend the softened cream cheese with the Oreo crumbs, ensuring all crumbs are evenly coated, and the dough is no longer crumbly.
- Divide the mixture equally, shaping it into roughly 1-inch balls using a small ice cream scoop or heaping teaspoon. Roll the dough between your hands until smooth and place them on parchment paper. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Put the parchment paper on a cutting board or a sheet pan that fits in your fridge or freezer. Let the dough balls chill for a minimum of 30 minutes, allowing them to firm up.
- After chilling, start melting the white chocolate. Transfer the white chocolate or candy coating to a microwave-safe bowl. Warm it in 30-second intervals, stirring well each time. Only heat until the mixture is smooth – avoid overheating to prevent scorching the chocolate.
- Once the white chocolate is melted, take one dough ball and use a spoon to roll it and coat it with the melted chocolate. Lift it gently from the mixture, tapping the bowl's side to remove excess chocolate and letting it drip back for roughly 10 seconds. Carefully set it on the parchment, using the spoon's tip to smooth any indents left behind. Repeat this process for all the balls until they're coated in white chocolate.
- Put the remaining melted white chocolate into a piping bag or a Ziploc bag, making a small hole at the bag's tip.
- Moving quickly, drizzle the white chocolate over 2 to 3 dipped balls at a time. Immediately add the candy eyeballs and firmly press them into position.
- Allow around 10-15 minutes for the white chocolate to solidify before handling or moving the coated balls.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 16.1 g
- Sodium: 78.6 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 8.7 mg
Keywords: mummy truffles