This 30 minute Cilantro Lime Chicken is a healthy & easy weeknight dinner solution!
- juice of 2 large limes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pound chicken to 3/4 inch thickness.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients but the chicken.
- Mix well and pour over chicken in a large dish or gallon plastic bag.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook remove from marinade and grill over medium high heat for 6 minutes per side or until interior temperature reaches 165 degrees. Alternatively you can bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or broil 4 inches from element for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Serve with pico de gallo and chopped avocado if desired.
- fresh squeezed lime juice is best but bottled can be used in a pinch
- always check the chicken temperature is cooked to 165°F to ensure it is done
- don’t marinate longer than 2 hours or acid in the lime juice will start to “cook” the chicken
Keywords: cilantro lime chicken