Cilantro Lime Chicken is an easy and healthy weeknight dinner recipe that cooks up in less than 30 minutes. Just toss together this fast marinade at least 30 minutes beforehand and you're ready to grill!
- juice of 2 large limes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pound chicken to 3/4 inch thickness.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients but the chicken.
- Mix well and pour over chicken in a large dish or gallon plastic bag.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to cook remove from marinade and grill over medium high heat for 6 minutes per side or until interior temperature reaches 165 degrees. Alternatively you can bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or broil 4 inches from element for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Serve with pico de gallo and chopped avocado if desired.
- fresh squeezed lime juice is best but bottled can be used in a pinch
- always check the chicken temperature is cooked to 165°F to ensure it is done
- don't marinate longer than 2 hours or acid in the lime juice will start to "cook" the chicken
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 574
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 705.4 mg
- Fat: 35.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 61.5 g
- Cholesterol: 198.6 mg
Keywords: cilantro lime chicken