This simple Roasted Sweet Potato recipe is an easy, healthy side dish that takes just minutes to prep. With options to roast soft or crispy, everyone will love this recipe!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper, and garlic powder, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly. Peel if desired (I leave the skin on for added fiber.)
- Chop the sweet potatoes into half inch cubes.
- Add sweet potatoes, oil, and spices to a gallon bag, seal and shake to coat. (or use a large bowl and stir until potatoes are evenly coated in the oil.)
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then turn potatoes and roast an additional 15 minutes. For crispy potatoes flip after 20 minutes and increase total baking time to 40 minutes.
- Roast with or without skin
- For softer roasted sweet potatoes, roast for a total of 30 minutes. For crisp potatoes, roast for 40 minutes.
- Nutritional information is for sweet potatoes about 5″ long, unpeeled.
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes