Making classic Caramel Corn is easier than you think! This Microwave Caramel Corn is ready in less than 10 minutes, no candy thermometer required!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, air popped plain
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Air pop popcorn.
- In a large microwaveable bowl combine sugar, vanilla, butter, baking soda, and corn syrup.
- Microwave for three minutes or until melted.
- Divide popcorn into two large bowls and pour half of the caramel over the popcorn in each bowl.
- Alternate microwaving popcorn one additional minute and stirring thoroughly until all of popcorn is coated-usually an additional two minutes.
- Spread caramel corn over wax paper or pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray until candy is set.
Keywords: microwave caramel corn, caramel corn, caramel popcorn