Savory mashed sweet potatoes are a simple side dish the entire family will love. Smooth, creamy sweet potatoes are blended with butter, sour cream, and spices to make this easy recipe a winner!
● 4 Cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
● ¼ Cup butter
● ⅓ Cup sour cream
● 1 Tsp garlic powder
● 1 Tsp onion powder
● ½ Tsp paprika
● Salt and pepper to taste
● Pinch of nutmeg
- Place the diced sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with salted water. Place over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for around 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and roughly pat dry the potatoes.
- Return to the pot and mash the sweet potatoes until fluffy.
- Add the butter and sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg, and paprika and stir to combine.
- Serve with a crack of black pepper, chopped parsley or cilantro and butter
● Sub the sour cream with Greek yogurt if you are looking for a protein boost and you can also swap the butter for vegan butter or ghee.
● Play with the spices! It’s also delicious with chili if you like your mashed potatoes to be a bit more spicy.
● Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated for up to 3 days. Once you are ready to serve it, heat it in a pot and add a bit more butter and sour cream to make it taste and feel fresh again.
Keywords: mashed sweet potatoes