Fast, easy, and delicious, this Instant Pot beef stew cooks up in just an hour and tastes like its been simmering slowly all day long! Its the perfect comfort food for chilly winter evenings!
- 1 pound beef stew meat (chuck roast is good for this)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups beef broth or beef stock
- 5 large red potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine stew meat and flour and stir to coat.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting and add butter. When butter is melted and sizzling, add meat. Brown on all sides stirring only enough to prevent burning.
- Pour in beef broth and scrape the bottom of the bowl to deglaze.
- Add potatoes, onion, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire, and tomato paste. Stir until uniform.
- Lock the lid of the Instant Pot and set to Stew mode for 35 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally after the cooking time is ended, about another 30 minutes.
- Carefully move open steam valve and release the lid. Salt to taste.
Keywords: beef stew