It’s easier than you think to make your own homemade naan. With this easy naan recipe, you don’t even need a tandoor oven, just a little patience, and 5 easy ingredients!
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 3/4 cups flour, plus extra for rolling
- In a medium bowl of a stand mixer , combine water, yeast and sugar.
- Allow to sit for 7 minutes or until frothy.
- Add flour and salt and mix well with a dough hook for 2 minutes. (If dough is still stick add additional flour a few tablespoons at a time until it doesn’t stick.)
- Remove dough and form into a tight ball.
- Spray medium bowl with nonstick spray and place dough ball in it. Cover with a damp paper towel and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces and roll out on a floured surface until about 1/4″ thick.
- Preheat electric griddle or large skillet on medium high heat and grill naan for 2-3 minutes per side or until firm with light brown spots.
- Brush with melted butter after cooking if desired.
- Best served warm.
Keywords: homemade naan, naan