This easy homemade white bread recipe is simple enough for beginner bakers and tastes delicious!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 2 cups warm (not hot) water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter to coat top (optional but recommended!)
- Spray a large bowl generously with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large stand mixer bowl combine water and sugar. Add yeast and allow to sit for 15minutess or until frothy.
- Add oil and salt and set mixer on low speed with dough hook. Slowly add flour a cup at a time.
- When all flour is added and dough is pulling away from the sides of the bowl transfer dough to a floured surface and knead lightly for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer dough to greased bowl and flip it over to coat lightly with nonstick spray. Cover loosely with cling wrap and let rise for one hour.
- Punch dough to release air and divide in half.
- Grease two loaf pans (I use these that are 9″ by 5″) and place half dough in each and again cover loosely with cling wrap for an additional hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cling wrap and bake bread for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush top with melted butter if desired. Let cool 15 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Keep dough in away from drafts when allowing it to rise.
- I store this bread in the refrigerator up to a week to make it last longer. On the counter I keep it 2-3 days.
Keywords: homemade white bread