Make your own cookie butter spread with this easy gluten and nut free recipe.
- 14 large ginger snaps, about 7 oz
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a food processor or blender (I use my Ninja) pulse the cookies until finely ground.
- Add 3 tbsp cold water and pulse again until blended.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to cookie mixture and pulse to blend.
- Finally, add almond milk and blend until uniform.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Dairy free – use almond or soy milk
- Gluten free – choose gluten free gingersnaps
- Nut free – use gingersnaps free of nuts and regular or soy milk
- Change the cookies! Try OREOs without the filling, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, the possibilities are endless!
Keywords: cookie butter, homemade cookie butter