This Homemade Chocolate Frosting is the BEST frosting recipe out there! It is a chocolate buttercream icing that is easy to make in under 15 minutes and with it’s rich, buttery taste, it is always a hit!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Stir in cocoa and mix until blended.
- Add sugar, milk, and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- If needed, thin with additional milk adding 1 tablespoon at a time.
Keywords: chocolate frosting