Chicken Marsala is easier than you think to make at home. With just one skillet you can easily have this delicious Italian meal on the table in under an hour!
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- chopped parsley for garnish if desired
- Place the flour and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large plastic bag. Add chicken and seal. Shake thoroughly to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Tap off excess flour from chicken and place in skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove to another plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet. Add msuhrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook additional one minute.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet and use a spoon or spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan and deglaze the pan.
- Add marsala, heavy cream, and additional 1 teaspoon of salt and stir to blend. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Return chicken to skillet and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with parsley garnish if desired.
If you are using chicken breasts instead of tenderloins, cut each breast in half to reduce the thickness.
Keywords: chicken, marsala