Chicken and Dumplings made easy with Bisquick is a classic comfort food recipe. This 30 minutes dish is loaded with juicy chicken, carrots, peas, green beans, and corn and topped with soft, fluffy Bisquick dumplings!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 12 oz package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 2 cups + 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 3 cups Bisquick
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook through, stirring often.
- Add poultry seasoning and stir to coat.
- Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes until it starts to become translucent.
- Add veggies, soup, broth, and 2 cups of milk. Stir.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- In a medium bowl mix Bisquick and 1 cup milk until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by large spoonfuls into the simmering liquid the pot.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes without opening the lid to allow the Bisquick drop dumplings to steam.
- Remove the lid and cook an additional 5 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave or on the stovetop.
Keywords: Bisquick chicken and dumplings