An update on the classic Banana Pudding recipe, this Easy 20 Minute Banana Pudding Trifle is no bake and whips together quickly. Once you try it you’ll never go back to the original!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 box Jello INSTANT French Vanilla pudding
- 1 box Jello INSTANT Banana Creme pudding
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 box Nilla Wafers (plus crumbs for garnish if desired)
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced thinly
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a mixer until blended, do not overmix.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together pudding mixes, Cool Whip, and milk.
- Add whipped cream mixture to cream cheese mixture and mix on low until thoroughly blended.
- In the bottom of a trifle dish add a layer of cookies.
- Top with 1″ of pudding mixture.
- Add bananas, followed by cookies then pudding. Repeat for three layers.
- Top with a decorative layer of banana slices and crushed Nilla Wafers if desired.
- For best taste, chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. For best results make the same day to avoid browning of the bananas.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to mix.
- You can also make this in a 9 by 13″ baking dish for easier serving, although you won’t have as many layers.
- I do not recommend using homemade whipped cream for this recipe, Cool Whip is best.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Note that bananas will brown the longer they are stored which does not affect taste.
Keywords: banana pudding