This pie is deceptively easy but sure to impress! An old family recipe that will be your favorite once you try it!
- frozen prepared pie crust, thawed
For the Filling:
- 5 apples-gala, granny smith, or delicious
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Place your oven rack on the lowest level and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel, core and very thinly slice your apples and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients and mix to coat the apples.
- Spoon the filling into the crust.
- To make the topping mix together the brown sugar, flour, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Use a pastry blender or two knifes to cut the butter into the brown sugar mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple filling.
- Bake the pie until the topping is lightly browned and the filling is bubbly, about 35 minutes. If the pie begins to over-brown cover it loosely with foil.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: apple pie, apple crumble pie,