A classic autumn recipe-this 6 ingredient Apple Crisp with crispy oat topping is easy to make and bakes in just 30 minutes!!
- 6 apples – your favorite variety
- 2.5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 9 tablespoons (1 stick + 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 by 13″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Core apples and slice thinly-you may peel if desired, I leave the skin on mine.
- Place the apples and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to evenly coat. Pour apples into prepared pan.
- Mix flour, oats and brown sugar in the large bowl. Stir in butter and mix until uniform.
- Pour oat mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Use unsalted butter.
- Slice apples very thin to ensure they bake properly.
- Granny Smith or Honey Crisp apples are the best bet for this recipe.
- This recipe is best served fresh. You can store it for up to 3 days in the refrigerator but the topping gets soft when stored. Trust me, eat it up immediately for the best taste!
Keywords: apple crisp