This easy toffee recipe combines dark chocolate, walnuts, and pecans to take toffee to the next level, no candy thermometer required! Great recipe for gifting around the holidays!
- 1 cup walnut halves & pieces
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 oz.) package dark chocolate milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Line a 13 by 9″ casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Arrange walnuts in a single layer.
- In a heavy saucepan combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Cook over med-high heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the butter is melted and begins to froth.
- Continue cooking and stirring for approx. 10 minutes until the mixture is the color of the walnuts. Immediately pour candy in the dish, covering all nuts. The candy will begin to harden quickly, tilt the pan to move the liquid around to cover the nuts if necessary-speed is the key here!
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the candy and let sit for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Use a spatula to spread chocolate over the candy and nut mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Let candy cool until firm.
- Remove foil from pan and break into pieces.
- Store in a tightly covered container in cool place or refrigerator.