This easy Creamy Tortellini with Sausage is an easy, delicious meal the entire family will love. With just 5 ingredients and a Slow Cooker, you'll have dinner ready with just ten minutes of prep time!
- 16 oz spicy ground sausage
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 20 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini (I use Buitoni )
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour in chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- Stir in tomatoes and tortellini, mix well.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Cut cream cheese into 1" blocks and stir into pasta until melted and sauce is creamy.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
- If using frozen tortellini add 10 minutes to cook time.
- Check pasta often to avoid overcooking as brands vary in cooking time.
Keywords: sausage tortellini