This 30 minute creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup with spinach is the ultimate comfort food, it is the perfect one pot meal for chilly days.
- 1 lb Italian ground sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 20 ounce bag refrigerated tortellini
- 10 ounce bag fresh spinach
- parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- In a large stockpot, add sausage and onion and cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth to the pot and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add tomato paste and salt and stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, then add tortellini and spinach.
- Cook 4 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately, topped with parmesan cheese if desired.