Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is a one-pot meal ready in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy evenings. Spicy Cajun seasoned chicken is tossed with penne pasta and spicy tomatoes and peppers for a dish just bursting with flavor!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 16 ounce box penne pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- green onion for garnish if desired
- Cut chicken into 1/2″ cubes. Toss chicken in spices in a medium bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil until very hot.
- Add chicken and cook until seared on all sides. (Chicken will not be cooked through at this pint.)
- Add diced onion and continue to cook until translucent, stirring often, about two minutes.
- Add pasta, broth, diced tomatoes and chiles, and heavy cream to the pan and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and place lid on the skillet. Simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Garnish with green onion if desired and serve immediately.
- Reduce heat by reducing the amount of Cajun seasoning or choosing mild tomatoes and green chiles.
- Increase heat by choosing hot tomatoes and green chiles.
- Use a large skillet for this recipe, I use this 5.5 quart saute pan.
Keywords: cajun chicken pasta, creamy cajun chicken pasta