Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls (also called Buckeyes) are like a homemade Reese’s cup, full of creamy peanut butter with a rich chocolate shell. This no-bake recipe has only 4 ingredients and super easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 oz container dipping chocolate
- Line a plate or baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a mixer combine peanut butter and butter on medium speed until fluffy. Add powdered sugar slowly until incorporated. Roll peanut butter mixture into 1″ balls and place on lined baking sheet.
- Chill for at least two hours or overnight.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions. Dip the peanut butter balls in chocolate and return to the wax paper.
- Chill an additional two hours before packaging or serving.
- Using dipping chocolate makes the process much easier but you can certainly use chocolate chips or almond bark in its place. If using chocolate chips, I recommend heating on a double boiler with an extra tablespoon of butter or vegetable shortening to help them melt smoothly.
- The Peanut Butter Balls MUST be chilled before dipping. Don’t skip the chilling step!
- For an extra touch feel free to decorate with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips just after dipping before the chocolate hardens. You can also drizzle any extra chocolate over the top after it hardens for a decorative touch.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter balls, buckeyes