This easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe can be made in about an hour with a few simple shortcuts that save you time!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about two cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 premade refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg
- Remove pie crusts from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature while proceeding.
- Place chicken breast and chicken broth in the Instant Pot and close lid and vent. Set to Manual mode for 12 minutes. Allow to vent naturally after timer goes off, about ten minutes.
- Shred chicken with two forks and remove chicken and broth to a bowl, set aside. (No need to rinse Instant Pot)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fareignheit.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute Mode and add olive oil, garlic, onions, and spices. Cook until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Return chicken and broth to the Instant Pot and add veggies. Bring mixture to a boil and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup cool water until blended. Stir into chicken mixture and continue to boil until thickened.
- Stir in heavy cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay one pie crust on the bottom of a deep dish pie dish. Pour chicken mixture into the dish. Lay second pie crust over top and use fingers or a fork to crimp edges. Cut four slits into the middle of the crust to vent.
- Mix an egg and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl and brush egg wash over the pie crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- You can make this recipe without an Instant Pot by either buying a rotisserie chicken from the store or cooking the chicken in a slow cooker and then shredding. Either way, you would then proceed on the stovetop over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Keywords: Chicken, pot pie