Slow Cooker Carnitas Style Chicken is an easy weeknight Mexican dinner recipe. Eat these in a burrito bowl, on a tortilla, or just on their own!
- 1.5 lb boneless chicken breast-about 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 small or 1 large orange
- 2 limes
- Combine cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder and oregano in a small bow.
- Rub mixture over the chicken breasts and place into a slow cooker.
- Top the meat with garlic and onion.
- Halve limes and oranges and squeeze juice over meat and place fruit on top of the meat.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks and allow to sit in juices for 20-30 minutes before serving for more moist carnitas.
- Serve with favorite toppings over rice or in taco shells or tortilla.
Keywords: carnitas, chicken, slow cooker, crock pot,