This easy, cheesy hash brown casserole is quick to prepare and tastes good for breakfast and its hearty enough for dinner!
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz can evaporated milk or 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Lowry's seasoning salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8" square casserole dish.
- Layer one half each of potatoes, bacon, cheese, and chopped onion in prepared pan.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine egg, evaporated milk, and seasoning salt in bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture over casserole and cover with foil.
- Bake for one hour, remove foil and bake and additional 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Can be frozen in freezer safe container up to two months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight and heat through in the microwave or oven.
Keywords: hash brown, casserole, bacon, cheese