Blueberry Buttermilk Scones are perfect for tea time. They are not overly sweet and taste delicious topped with a lemon glaze!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a cast iron skillet and place in the oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut butter into slices and mix by handinto the dry mixture until crumbly and even.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix with a spoon.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface, add more flour if necessary to make the dough less sticky. Do not add more than necessary to avoid drying out the scones.
- Use a biscuit cutter or top of a glass to cut scones and place in the preheated skillet.
- Bake biscuits 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon and whisk until smooth.
- Serve warm drizzled with glaze.
Keywords: blueberry biscuits, blueberry buttermilk biscuits