This is simply the Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce out there! With just a few common ingredients and 10 minutes, you can have this rich, creamy Alfredo Sauce packed with garlic and parmesan flavor!
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons (4 cloves) minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional but recommended!)
- 2 cups freshly shredded Parmesan (about 8 ounce block)
- fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add heavy cream. Bring to a simmer (don’t boil!)
- Add garlic and seasonings as you whisk the sauce for 2 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until it is melted and the sauce is smooth then remove from heat.
Keywords: homemade alfredo sauce, alfredo sauce from scratch, alfredo sauce with milk, alfredo sauce with half and half