This is quite literally the best Dirt Cake recipe on the internet. In just 15 minutes you can make this delicious dessert with yummy chocolate and cream OREO cookies layered with a rich, creamy custard.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large bowl until just blended. Do not over mix.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together pudding mix, milk, and Cool Whip.
- Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix until uniform.
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender .
- Use a ladle to scoop about 1-1 1/4 cups pudding mix into the center of a trifle dish. Push to the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Use a large spoon to cover pudding with about 1/4 inch of OREO crumbs.
- Repeat layers until done, about 4 layers of each. Tap final OREO layer into the top of the dirt cake with the back of a spoon.
- For best results, chill at least two hours before serving.
- Be sure to thoroughly soften the butter and cream cheese before creaming together to ensure your pudding layer turns out smooth.
- If your dirt cake turns out runny instead of thick, check to make sure you used INSTANT pudding, not traditional stovetop pudding.
- If you do not have a food processor or blender to crush the OREOS, simply place them in a large gallon storage bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- You can eat the dirt cake right away but it tastes so much better if you let it chill to let the flavors blend. I recommend no less than 2 hours of chill time or preferably overnight.
- To achieve the pretty layers in a trifle dish, ladle the pudding mixture into the direct center of the dish then use the back of a spoon to gently push it towards the edges. Keep the spoon away from the crumbs so they don't mix together.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 210.8 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 34.3 mg
Keywords: oreo dirt cake, dirt cake