This Baklava Monkey Bread combines the honey and walnut flavor of traditional Greek baklava with the ease and gooey goodness of Monkey Bread.
- 2 package Pillsbury Grands Flaky Biscuits, Butter Flavored
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Place cinnamon and sugar in a large plastic bag.
- Rip the biscuits into quarters and place into the bag.
- Shake the bag to thoroughly coat biscuit pieces.
- Layer the walnuts and biscuits pieces into the bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, honey, and brown sugar.
- Heat over medium heat until uniform and frothy. Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Invert onto serving plate and allow to cool 15 minutes BEFORE removing bundt pan-the honey makes this monkey bread very sticky, if you don't invert it while it's still hot you may have trouble getting it out of the pan, but if you remove the bundt before it's cooled a bit the bread may fall apart! Serve while still warm.
- The honey makes this monkey bread very sticky. It's important not to wait longer than 15 minutes to remove the bread from the pan as it will get harder to remove as it cools. (Don't remove too soon however or it may fall apart, I have found 15 minutes to the be the "just right" time.)
- You can make this recipe in a loaf pan or casserole dish but you may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Keywords: honey walnut monkey bread, baklava monkey bread