Baked Avocado & Eggs are a simple, 30-minute healthy breakfast recipe you’ll want to make again and again!
- 1 avocado, halved and pit removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles (about 2 slices cooked and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a spoon to scoop out half of each avocado piece to make room for the egg.
- Place on a baking sheet or balance in a muffin tin.
- Crack egg and pour each into one half of the avocado.
- Top with bacon and cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how done you like your egg.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- This recipe can be customized with your choice of toppings.
- Use room temperature avocados, not refrigerated.
- Use large eggs, not extra large to avoid overflow.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of avocado to allow room for the egg.
- If you are worried about egg overflow, cooking the baked avocado in a muffin tin!
Keywords: baked avocado egg