Apple Baked French Toast is an easy to make breakfast to feed the entire family. Perfect recipe for holiday brunch or Christmas morning.
- 4 cups sliced bread cut into 1" cubes
- 2 red delicious apples, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13" pan with nonstick spray.
- Place bread in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine apples, butter, milk and brown sugar and heat over medium high heat until butter is melted and sauce is combined.
- Pour apple mixture over bread cubes and stir to coat.
- Spread bread and apples into prepared pan , including all sauce in bowl. In a small bowl mix eggs, vanilla and cinnamon and pour over bread mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Keywords: apple baked french toast