Easy delicious Apple Hand Pies are perfect for autumn entertaining, all the taste of a traditional apple pie in single serving size!
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a pan over medium high heat add butter, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until apples are tender and sauce has reduced. Remove from heat.
- On a floured surface, unfold one puff pastry and roll one baking sheet to create a 12 inch square. Using a three-inch circle cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles. Repeat with the extra roll, and set that set aside.
- Fill 12 circles with 1 tablespoon of apple mixture. Brush the edges with egg mixture. Top with another circle puff pastry. Pinch the edges together and crimp ends with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pastry pies with egg mixture, cut three small slits on top of the pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place pies onto baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes, or until the pies are golden colored.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes.
Keywords: apple hand pies