Unbelievable sweet potato casserole with a crumbly buttery brown sugar and pecan topping. This is one Thanksgiving or holiday dessert recipe you won’t want to miss!
- 40 oz can yams (I use Bruce’s brand), drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour yams in a large bowl and mash until desired smoothness. (I leave some lumps.)
- Add granulated sugar, milk, egg, 3 tablespoons of butter, and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- In a smaller bowl combine brown sugar, flour, 2 tablespoons of butter and mash with a fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans.
- Pour yam mixture into an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Top with brown sugar mixture. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbling.
Keywords: sweet potato casserole