This traditional berry cobbler is very easy to make and tastes delicious-the batter goes in the pan first then the strawberry and blackberry mixture pours over top and bakes up into a sweet, delicate cobbler that is always a hit when entertaining!
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 6 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- In a medium bowl combine berries with sugar and stir to coat. Allow to sit at least thirty minutes to extract the juices of the fruit.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 8 by 8″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, milk and butter. Stir by hand until combined.
- Pour batter in prepared dish. Top with berry mixture being sure to scrape all juices and sugar on the batter as well.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.
- Freeze leftovers up to 3 months in freezer safe container.
Keywords: Berry Cobbler, Strawberry Cobbler, Raspberry Cobbler