This simple, no-fuss lasagna recipe is simply the best there is. Layers of Italian sausage, ground beef, and loads of cheese make this a dinner recipe you’ll turn to again and again.
- 1 12 oz package no boil lasagna noodles
- 2 24 oz cans spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp pesto (I prefer Buitoni brand)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef and sausage, set aside in a large bowl.
- Add pesto to meat and mix well.
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat mixture and combine.
- In a separate bowl combine ricotta, eggs, 1/2 of mozzarella, and 1/2 of Parmesan.
- Spoon one cup of sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
- Top with lasagna noodles then half of the cheese mixture, then 1/3 remaining sauce mixture.
- Repeat layers of noodles, remaining cheese mixture, additional 1/3 meat sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and cover with foil.
- Bake for one hour.
- Remove foil, top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and cook additional 5 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let sit 15 minutes prior to serving.
Keywords: classic lasagna