Instant Pot Taco Soup is a crowd-pleasing recipe that is very similar to chili, but with a taco twist! It’s packed with taco ingredients and full of flavor. This easy recipe is the ultimate comfort food and packed with protein thanks to the beans and meat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 150z can black beans
- 15oz can kidney beans
- 15oz can pinto beans
- 15oz can great northern beans
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 15 oz can corn (optional)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro or any other desired toppings
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode and brown the beef.
- Turn off and drain the meat, then return to the Instant Pot and resume Sauté mode.
- Add diced onion and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add all beans, tomato paste, corn, water, and seasoning and stir well.
- Place lid on and lock valve into the Sealed position.
- Set to Soup mode and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- When cooking is finished do a Quick Release of the valve and serve immediately.
- Make this in the slow cooker by browning meat in a large skillet, drain, then return to the skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook for two minutes then add the mixture to a Crock-Pot with remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours.
- Make it on the stovetop by cooking meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat in a large pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir then cover and simmer 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: taco soup