Instant Pot Taco Soup is a crowd-pleasing recipe that is very similar to chili, but with a taco twist! It’s packed with taco ingredients and full of flavor. This easy taco soup recipe is the ultimate comfort food and packed with protein thanks to the beans and meat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 150z can black beans
- 15oz can kidney beans
- 15oz can pinto beans
- 15oz can great northern beans
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 15 oz can corn (optional)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro or any other desired toppings
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode and brown the beef.
- Turn off Instant Pot and drain the meat, then return to the Instant Pot and resume Sauté mode.
- Add diced onion and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add all beans, tomato paste, corn, water, and seasoning and stir well.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and lock valve into the Sealed position.
- Set to Soup mode and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- When cooking is finished do a Quick Release of the valve and serve immediately.
- Make this in the slow cooker by browning meat in a large skillet, drain, then return to the skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook for two minutes then add the mixture to a Crock-Pot with remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours.
- Make the easy Taco Soup on the stovetop by cooking meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat in a large pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir then cover and simmer 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: taco soup