This pumpkin bread swirled with cream cheese is an easy to make, moist bread perfect for breakfast or dessert.
For the bread:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 egg
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and lightly flour it.
- In a large bowl combine 2 eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In another small bowl combine cream cheese, 1 egg, granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla and again whisk until uniform.
- Pour half the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pan, being sure to spread it to the edges with a spatula, the batter will be quite thick.
- Top with the cream cheese mixture and pour the remaining pumpkin batter over the top.
- Use a knife to swirl the mixtures together.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to one week.
- Use brick-style cream cheese, not the kind in the tub. The tub variety has more moisture and may get runny.
- Let the bread cool before slicing.
Keywords: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread