Mini cheesecake bites get an extra bit of flavor with the addition of a strawberry topping. Cut the strawberry into a heart for a fun Valentine's Day treat!
For the crust:
- 4-5 graham crackers
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- strawberries (approximately 30)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line mini-muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a mixer cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, sour cream, and egg.
- Mix until just blended.
- In a sandwich bag, crush graham crackers. Pour into a small bowl.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Add butter in small increments until mixture is sticky.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each muffin liner.
- Top with filling mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cheesecakes are done with the edges are set and the center still slightly soft.
- While cheesecakes are baking slice strawberries in half and cut a "v" in the top to create heart shape.
- Immediately after removing cheesecakes from oven press strawberry hearts into the top of each cake.
- Allow to cook 30 minutes on a wire rack then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- if refrigerating more than 2 hours, loosely cover with plastic wrap.
- to make in a standard muffin tin, increase crust to 1 tablespoon and cook 16-20 minutes until edges are set and middle is still slightly soft
Keywords: mini cheesecake