This sweet, dense lemon loaf is very easy to make and tastes just like the Starbuck’s version.
- 1 box Golden Butter or Yellow Cake mix
- 1 5 oz box instant lemon pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- juice of 3 lemons (~5–6 tbsp)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Juice of one lemon (~1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pans with nonstick spray-2 loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans
- In a large bowl mix cake and pudding mixes.
- In another bowl mix eggs, oil, milk, lemon juice and sour cream until well blended.
- Add half of liquid mixture to dry ingredients and mix for 10 seconds.
- Add remaining liquid and stir until just blended-no more than 30 seconds.
- *DO NOT OVER STIR*
- Add batter to pans and bake for 25 minutes for mini loaves and 35 minutes for regular loaves. Toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before cooling on wire rack.
- To make icing blend powdered cugar, heavy cream and lemon juice on high speed until smooth.
- Ice loaves and allow to set before serving.
Keywords: starbucks lemon loaf