This classic Pecan Pie Recipe is straight out of southeastern Virginia and is going to be the Best Southern Pecan Pie that’s ever passed your lips! Prepped in just minutes, it’s perfect for all of your holiday meals!
- 9 inch frozen premade pie shell
- 2 cups halved pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, molasses, butter, vanilla and salt. Mix with a whisk until blended.
- Spread the pecans in the pie shell, reserving about 1/2 cup if you’d like to create a particular design on the top of your pie.
- Pour the mixture over the pecans. I normally spiral the reserved pecans along the top of the pie to make a picture-friendly design but it’s not necessary. If you do it make sure to use a spoon to spoon topping over the nuts you add on top so they are coated, don’t just set them on the top dry!
- Bake for one hour on middle rack. If crust starts too look too browned tent the pie with foil.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
- For easy pouring, spray your measuring spoon or cup with nonstick spray before measuring corn syrup and molasses
- If you would like a picture-perfect design you can reserve 1/2 cup of pecans from the shell. After pouring the corn syrup mixture over arrange the reserved pecans in a design on top. Use a spoon to moisten the pecans with the corn syrup mixture before baking.
- If crust starts to brown before center of the pie is set, cover with aluminum foil to protect the edges.
Keywords: pecan, pie, southern