This easy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is a cheesy masterpiece! No condensed soups or Velveeta, just loads of delicious real cheese and classic elbow noodles!
- 16 ounce box elbow macaroni
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into slices
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 8 ounce block mild cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 16 ounce block mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line the slow cooker with a slow cooker liner or spray thoroughly with nonstick spray.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to box instructions for al dente (still slightly firm.)
- Drain pasta and add to the slow cooker.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper to pasta and stir until melted.
- Pour evaporated milk, half & half, mozzarella cheese, and 2/3 of cheddar cheese to slow cooker.
- Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and add remaining cheddar cheese to the top. Replace cover and allow to cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Change slow cooker setting to warm and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: slow cooker mac and cheese