Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Bacon are a savory side dish that takes just ten minutes of prep time and 3 hours in the Crock Pot!
- 2–3 large sweet potatoes sweet potato
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. You may peel them if you like but I prefer to leave the peels on mine.
- Place all the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, brown sugar, salt, sage and thyme.
- Mix well and pour over potatoes.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place over the potatoes.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or high 3 hours.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon.
Keywords: slow cooker sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes with bacon