Chicken Tortilla Soup just got easier now that you can make it in the slow cooker! Chicken breast, black beans, corn and the perfect blend of spices simmer to perfection in this easy fix it and forget it Crock Pot dinner!
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes and peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- (1) 4 ounce can chopped green chile peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- (2) 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn (can substitute 2 can if needed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Tortilla strips (found near the croutons)
- toppings of your choice
- Place chicken, rotel, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- An hour before serving use two forks to shred chicken in the crockpot.
- Serve with your favorite toppings
Keywords: slow cooker chicken tortilla soup, tortilla soup