Nothing says comfort food like Slow Cooker Beef Stew. This easy recipe can be prepped in just twenty minutes and forgotten about until dinner. It’s hearty, healthy, and perfect for chilly winter days.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1.5 lbs stew meat (kabob cut meat works as well)
- red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups beef stock
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil on medium high heat.
- Add rosemary and thyme and cook for 30 second.
- Add garlic, onion, and carrots and continue to cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and liberally season with salt and pepper as well as red pepper flakes.
- Continue to cook until browned on all sides, about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a small bowl, whisk together butter and flour.
- Add mixture to skillet and stir well to coat meat.
- Pour contents of the skillet over the potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Add wine to the skillet and cook for 1 minute while scraping the pan to deglaze.
- Pour wine over meat in slow cooker.
- Add beef broth to the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 5-6 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving add peas.
Keywords: slow cooker beef stew, crock pot beef stew