Rainbow cupcakes are so easy to make! This colorful dessert is always the hit of the party! Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, birthdays, or any occasion!
For the rainbow cupcakes:
- white cake mix & ingredients on package
- gel food coloring
If desired, add in addition:
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
For the icing:
- 1 container store bought white icing
- Sprinkles, optional
If desired, fluff in the mixer along with 8 ounces of cream cheese or one container of whipped cream
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, adding extra ingredients if desired.
- Divide mix into six bowls and add different food color to each until the desired intensity is reached.
- Drop colored batter into lined muffin tin a spoonful at a time, layering the colors.
- Cook according to package instructions.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip frosting with extra ingredients in a stand mixer if desired. Frost cupcakes and top with sprinkled is desired.
Nutritional information is for cupcakes without additional ingredients added in.
Keywords: rainbow cupcakes