Pumpkin doughnut holes are super simple to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. They’re the perfect autumn dessert!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- oil for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a small saucepan, heat oil 1-2″ deep over medium high heat until 375 degrees.
- Line a large plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Mix 1 cup of sugar and 4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice for coating in a small bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile mix flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, butter, pumpkin and milk and stir until combined.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls. (If batter is too sticky add a tablespoon of flour at a time until you can roll it-up to 1/4 cup.)
- Fry doughnut holes 5-6 at a time until golden brown on each side.
- Remove doughnut holes from oil with a slotted spoon and place immediately in sugar mixture to coat.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate.
Keywords: pumpkin donut holes, pumpkin doughnut holes